Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A random day in the life of RaG

So, I ordered a boxload of manga a few days ago actually, and it already arrived! All the way from Japan! I thought that would take about a week or two, but it got here in just 4 days; amasing!

The thing is though, with ordering things from the internet; you never know what you ordered until you actually get it. I was under the assumption that I had ordered 31 manga. Of course I know some of them might not have furigana, which would render them unreadable for me at the moment; but still. I figured that about half the things I had ordered would be readable.

I was right, thankfully. Out of the 31 things, 1 was a novel, 3 were hentai mangas (seriously; you could not see by the cover) and you don't actually read those now do you (also they suck as hentai mangas ><) and 8 of them came without furigana. That leaves a healthy 19 manga I can actually read; yay! This will come in very handy when studying Japanese my way during the summer vacation. Also, for you eager fans out there, amongst the mangas was Dead Soul Revolver! So we're able to continue that soon.

However, there's a slight issue.

The issue is simple. I have a scanner and a manga. How to go about this? I don't want to bend the manga against the class and scan; that'll give really bad scans. Also I am prepared the cut it up or something, so no problems there. However; seen as I've cut up doujinshis before; I know you lose some of the page.
So here it comes: I decided to MICROWAVE a manga and see if the glue would come off. You read that right, in the microwave. My first attempt just know has failed (don't worry, I used one of the hentai ones I was gonna kick out of the door anyways) but I'm about to give it a second try. If it works then that'll be awesome. If not then we might lose our kitchen >__>

I now have a healthy 59 Japanese manga that include furigana. I am thinking of maybe scanlating one of them over the summer, but we'll see about that.

On another note, Zah-Droolmaster and I have been playing Conan (the MMO). We recommend it to anyone who has the time (that excludes me unfortunately ><). I got banned from playing by my dad today because I have exams coming up, bleh.

So yeah, now I am cleaning my room in an attempt to try and make space for the goodies. And after that, I'll have fun watching the Oranje beat the hell out of the Romanian team~

Good night all~

edit: And we won, as expected.

No comments: